Top 10 things I'd like to tell my 14-year-old self (in 2001/2002):
1) People will roll their eyes or raise their skeptical eyebrows when you say that Moulin Rouge got you interested in cinema. Ignore them. It doesn't matter what gets you there. Also, Moulin Rouge is a goddamn tour-de-force, and people can back off.
2) I know you think that Zoe Saldana from Center Stage is the coolest actress around. That will be double true in 10 years.
3) The sooner you stop pretending to love Casablanca, the happier you'll be.
4) Maybe rent a movie besides That Thing You Do! from Blockbuster. For your mom's sake, at least.
|I know. But still.|
6) You are going to hate everything about watching The Hot Chick, except that it will introduce you to Rachel McAdams.
7) You are so not wrong about Ryan Gosling.
8) You are about to miss out on some stellar tv - Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development - in favour of Evens Stevens and The Lizzie Maguire Show. You're not alone in this mistake, but it is such a mistake, dude.
9) It's worth it to figure out your favourite movie, even if it changes.
10) High Fidelity will get you through all the heartache.
|Note: it may also cause you some Cusack-related heartache.|